The development tools and components of Everit, which make it much easier to develop OSGi based applications together with maven, are finally available on maven-central. With the new releases it is now possible to:
- Use any of the existing OSGi environments (felix and equinox are supported at the moment)
- Create a custom OSGi environment and run the developed application on it
- Replace maven dependencies in the OSGi container without restarting it
- Change code and test them by dropping the projects onto an always-on-top window (no full compilation is necessary)
- Run the tests during the integration-test phase of a maven build (useful on Continuous Integration servers)
To get more information about the usage of the tools, visit our GitHub repositories.